Lufthansa has finally joined the band wagon of offering 50,000 bonus award miles on their Miles & More World Mastercard by Barclays. This is actually a great offer and let me tell you why.
First, this equals two round trip tickets on United Airlines and US Airways, which the miles can be redeemed for. United Airlines & USAIR are Star Alliance members, and Lufthansa is in the brotherhood. Secondly, there are NO FUEL surcharges when redeeming for domestic tickets. Third, this card is offered by Barclays bank, which pulls from Trans-Union, and if you have little inquiries from them, this will help you get approved. I do recommend a high credit score though, to receive this, however, you can still get the full 50,000 miles even if you are approved for the lesser platinum card, instead of the World MasterCard. In the past, Barclays use to screw you over by giving you the lesser card AND the lesser bonus, but not this time!
Okay, here are the details to get this 50,000 bonus miles. You need to spend $5,000 within 3 months (very much possible and I can show you how). You earn 20,000 miles after your FIRST purchase (can be anything….even a Twix bar at Fred Meyer or something)……….and you get the remaining 30,000 miles after spending $5,000 total in 3 months. There is a $79 annual- fee but you are getting basically TWO FREE round-trip flights, so this really pays for itself and then some. 50,000 miles on Lufthansa will get you a head start in redeeming for those hard to get first class seats on Lufthansa and Swiss Air, which are not available to partner airlines anymore. However, there are fuel surcharges when redeeming for international flights, so keep that in mind if that is your goal. Budget your trip(s) accordingly. If you have questions, please comment or email me and I will be glad to help you out!! I am personally getting this, as I do see value in it. It gives me greater flexibility for redeeming flights on United Airlines, as I have already gotten the United Mileage PLUS VISA card, which gave me 50,0000 miles. Holiday travel is expensive, and these miles will come in handy!! You may use the link below, or click on the image above.
- Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase
- Earn up to an additional 15,000 award miles when you when you complete an initial balance transfer
- Cardholders receive a companion ticket annually
- Enjoy 2 award miles per $1 on Miles & More integrated airline ticket purchases and 1 award mile per $1 spent everywhere else
- No mileage expiration with monthly qualifying purchases
- 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months after account opening, after that a variable APR currently 15.99% to 24.99% depending upon your creditworthiness
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Please see terms and conditions for complete details