Some time ago, Barclaycards released the Lufthansa Premier Miles & More® World MasterCard®. Well, great news! It’s back for another session. You can now get up to
50,000 miles 35,000 miles for spending a mere $5,000 within the first 3 months. This card has a lot of value in my opinion, because you can redeem them for TWO Round Trip tickets on United Airlines domestically. However, you can also use the miles to fly to Europe on Lufthansa, or any Star Alliance carriers for a mere 50,000 miles ROUND-TRIP! Just look at the map below and you can get an idea of how much it costs to go where with these miles. If you do not have a Miles&More account, open one up for FREE .
- Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase or balance transfer
- Earn an additional 30,000 award miles when you spend $5,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 2 award miles per $1 on ticket purchases directly from Miles & More integrated airline partners and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Cardholders receive a companion ticket after first use of the account and annually after each account anniversary
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made outside the U.S.
- Redeem miles for flight awards and upgrades on Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, SWISS, Star Alliance member airlines and other partners
- $79 Annual Fee.
There’s some hidden beauty in this deal because I get a lot of questions from friends on how to get free airfare to Hawaii. Well, this could very well give you airfare to Hawaii for $79 (annual fee charge). I think that’s pretty darn good.
Secondly, Miles&More members get better availability for award seats on Lufthansa, than it’s partners like United. You can easily redeem your miles for an award ticket to Europe without the headaches of trying to redeem United miles to fly Lufthansa or Austrian Airlines to Europe.
Sometimes, they offer Mileage Bargain redemptions, which reduces the cost of award travel to 30,000 miles for coach travel to Europe and 55,000 miles in business class, round-trip to Europe. I think that’s another great feature of having the card.
The Lufthansa Miles&More Mastercard is great travel rewards card to get, if you want two free domestic tickets. The value in redeeming 50,000 miles covers the cost of the annual-fee no problem. There are great reward options to be had, such as round trip to Europe for 50,000 miles. The miles can be easily redeemed for flights on Lufthansa and other Star Alliance carriers.